Un-commemorated and long forgotten as such is the Madras Street site of the 1864 railway station, now occupied by the Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology.
The two upper images are Easterly views from Madras Street. The original site of the 1864-1867 railway station is readily verifiable by the chimney of Samuel Manning's 1855 Brewery at the corner of Ferry Road and Fitzgerald Avenue.
The lower Left photograph is a Westerly view across Madras Street from the roof of the engine shed. To the lower Right is a modern map of the Polytech campus with the position of the railway line indicated in red and the station in blue.
Google map of the 1864 Railway Station location