A westerly view from Hagley Park of Christ's College across the Avon River near to the Armagh Street bridge.
Photographed by the Burton Brothers of Dunedin about 1881, this restored image from the Canterbury Heritage Archive depicts the Headmaster's House to the Left and pupil accommodation to the Right. Both buildings appear in the photographic record from 1869, but had been demolished by 1950.
Purchased with a Lotteries Board grant in 1987, an unidentified copy of this photograph is in the collection of the National Museum of New Zealand.
A 1924 aerial view of the buildings.