An easterly view of Seaview Road, with the intersection at Oram Avenue to the centre Right.
Two views of the building at the head of the first pier. The lower level was an amusement arcade, with tea rooms above. The 213 metre pier was opened on the 18th of January, 1894 by the Governor General.
The Tram shed at the corner of Marine Parade and Hawke Street. The site is now occupied by the New Brighton Working Men's Club. The Tramshed Bistro is a feature of what is now more commonly known as The New Brighton Club.
An electric Trolley Bus turning at the North New Brighton War Memorial and Community Centre on Marine Parade.
A recently completed house in Sinclair Street (which first appears in street directories in 1916).
To promote the Christchurch City Libraries Retrospective: Christchurch life, architecture and design 1940s - 1970s photo competition, we're featuring a series of images from each decade. This week it's the later 1940s.