The 1872 steam locomotive F13 towing a pair of new 200 horsepower diesel locomotives unloaded from the deck of the New Zealand Shipping Company's 12,000 ton refrigerated cargo vessel Hororata (1942-67).
Hororata with locomotives as deck cargo
Originally Otago Railways' No. 8 Edie Ochiltree, F13 was renumbered in 1885. Based at Christchurch for many years, the locomotive was named Peveril in 1958. Withdrawn from service in 1964 and stored at Arthurs Pass, it was donated by New Zealand Railways to the Ferrymead Heritage Park in 1967.