Dec 4, 2008

1864 & 1928

A pair of elevated north-easterly views across Victoria Square from the Armagh Street tower of the Canterbury Provincial Council buildings.

In the foreground of the earlier image are the Provincial Council's workshops and stables, which were replaced by the extant Magistrate's Court buildings from 1869 to 1881.

1864 photograph: Anthony Rackstraw (Early Canterbury Photographers).

1928 photograph: Alexander Turnbull Library (Ref. No. 

No comments: