The third (1975) Christchurch Working Men's Club premises on Oxford Terrace adjoins the entrance to the Farmers car park and is adjacent to the 1983 Central Library. A decade ago a Dunedin group proposed building a sixteen storey office block on the site, but a market didn't eventuate.
An announcement is now anticipated that the fifth building on this site will be a residential tower development.
Replacing William K. Wilson's Plumber's shop, the second building was the late 1860s Ladies Seminary school (below), subsequently the Working Men's Club from 1881.
See where these photographs were taken.