The Flesher family were prominent members of the Free Methodist church and donated generously to the nearby Richmond Chapel, which was built in Stanmore Road on what had been part of the Flesher Estate. Although the current church, which dates from 1878, cannot yet be attributed to a particular architect, the adjoining brick and stone hall of 1886 (above) is to the design of James Glanville.
Hidden from view behind the 1878 wooden church is the original chapel, although much altered over time, the remnants of its architectural style would appear to indicate a probable date of construction from the 1850s to early 1860s.
Also in Glanville's American influenced architectural style were a pair of houses on the eastern side of Latimer Square, between Worcester and Gloucester Streets. Demolished between 1973 and 1990, the sites of these large dwellings are occupied in 2008 by townhouses and an extension to the Latimer Lodge Motel.
By 1904 Granville had relocated his architectural practice to offices in the 1864 Torlesse Building at 9 Cathedral Square (where the ANZ Bank building is now situated). A long time resident of the New Brighton district, in later life he was Mayor of that Borough (to be succeeded by James Flesher of Avebury House in that role) .
Another member of his family, William Leonard Glanville, a career army officer, purchased the McHaffie homestead on acreage at the corner of Pages Road and Shortland Street in the early 1920s. William Glanville and his wife used the large house to provide foster care for many children over the next twenty five years. The late 1880s house, along with 5 acres of its former grounds, became the Aranui Motor Camp in 1947 until it was demolished in 1975. The site is now occupied by McHaffie Place off Shortland Street.